Fall is officially here. For me, that means cooler weather, golden Aspen leaves, pumpkin everything like these Healthy Pumpkin Muffins, squash, blankets, my birthday, and a strong desire to make warm, comforting soups.
Unfortunately, soup is a “pre-meal” to my hubby- like what you are served at Olive Garden before your piles of pasta. He believes real meals are eaten with forks, not spoons! Thus soups in my house have to be completely hearty, full of protein and fiber, and served with thick whole-grain breads for dipping.
This potato and peach soup fits the bill perfectly.
It is packed with:
- Flavor and without the fat and calories of butters, oils, or heavy creams
- Protein and fiber from the navy beans
- A plethora of vitamins from the sweet potatoes & butternut squash
- Sweetness from the peaches
This is a healthy fall meal that the whole family can enjoy!
- 3 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup (12 oz) cubed Butternut Squash
- 2 cans (90 oz) Navy Beans
- 4 Peaches
- ¼ Yellow Onion, sautéed
- 2 cups (500 ml) Veggie Broth
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Dice and sauté the onions. Set aside.
- Pre-cook the sweet potatoes by microwaving each for 4 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and blend with an immersion blender.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat1 g
- Saturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium65 mg
- Carbohydrates50 g
- Fiber15 g
- Sugars10 g
- Protein 11 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.