Purple juice is a great color to add to your regular roster of juices. Not only is it bursting with flavor it also boasts potent phytonutrients like the antioxidant anthocyanin, linked with helping to reduce cancer risk, inflammation, age-related memory loss and cognitive function. Blackberries even have a higher ORAC score, a measure of antioxidant status than blueberries! Blackberries also contain vitamin C, fiber and ellagic acid, which is best known for its anti-cancer and anti-viral properties.
- 2 cups (500 ml) blackberries
- 2 cups (500 ml) black or purple grapes
- 2 in (5 cm) piece of fresh ginger root
- Wash produce well.
- Remove stems from grapes.
- Juice and enjoy!
- Blackberries: black raspberries, blueberries
- Black/purple grapes: red grapes
- Ginger: lemon
Prep time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.