These protein-rich hemp and cashew cookies are made with healthy ingredients that you can feel good about eating, and they’re tasty too. The almond butter along with the hemp and cashews add protein to these nutrient-dense cookies along with healthy fat and minerals.
These cookies make for a great post-workout recovery snack because they contain the two components that are essential recovery – carbohydrates and protein. Though protein alone is often touted as the best post-exercise recovery food, carbohydrates are actually just as important. When paired together, carbohydrates and protein help to promote nutrient absorption into muscle, which can help you recover more quickly.
To mix it up add flax or chia, swap hemp for pea protein, or you can even mash a banana and add to the dough before cooking!
- 2 cups (450 g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (115 g) dried cranberries or raisins
- 2 tbsp hemp protein
- 2 tbsp cashews, broken into pieces
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 tbsp almond butter
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 F/163 C.
- Add dry ingredients (rolled oats, cranberries, hemp protein, cashews, cinnamon) to mixing bowl and stir together.
- In a small saucepan over low to medium heat, add almond butter and maple syrup for 30 seconds to one minute or until blended and the mixture is thinner.
- Pour warm mixture over dry ingredients and mix together until smooth.
- Form batter into 12-14 cookies and place onto a non-greased baking sheet.
- Place cookie sheet into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and cool then serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0.5g
- Protein 4g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.