I find that more and more of my clients and colleagues are discussing breakfast cookies because they’re such a great on-the-go option. These ones are loaded with healthy fat and protein to help start your day off in a balanced and energized way. I kept the added sugar minimal and instead used more peanut butter to bind the cookies because it’s more satisfying and filling.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp peanut or almond butter
- 2 tsp coconut shreds
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- Dash salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and form into cookies.
- Place on a tray lined with parchment paper or in a nonstick pan.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve as a breakfast option or as a snack or dessert.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Servings: 12 servings
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.