- 1 sugar pumpkin
- 2 cans (32 oz.) BPA free Chickpeas (or use dried)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan or sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper (more to taste)
- 1/2 cup (4 oz/ 125 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (4 oz/ 125 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (4 oz/ 125 ml) tahini
- Roast sugar pumpkin by slicing off the top and removing seeds* and stringy flesh.
- Cut pumpkin into quarters. Place flesh side down in a baking dish with 1” water on the bottom.
- Roast at 425 degrees F (215 C) for 50-60 minutes until skin is dark and lifts easily off the flesh. Scoop flesh into bowl and let cool.
- Drain and rinse canned beans then place in blender or food processor. Add tahini, garlic, cinnamon, salt, pepper, water. Blend at high speed and add olive oil while mixing. Add additional olive oil or water as needed to get a thick smooth consistency. Add more cinnamon or garlic as desired.
- Serve with cut up veggies, whole grain crackers (gluten-free like brown rice or quinoa are great) or as a spread for sandwiches. I even like to add a spoonful to salads. Keep refrigerated.
- Enjoy! *Save the seeds and roast for a yummy treat!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Servings: 20 (5 cups)
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1g
- Protein 3g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.