Celebrate our transition to crisper, cooler weather and beautiful produce with this simple and super tasty juice. Rich in one of fall’s favorite colors, orange, this refreshing juice provides antioxidants, electrolytes and half your daily requirement of biotin. Biotin is an important B vitamin (B7), also known as vitamin H for its role in promoting hair growth. Biotin is also needed for healthy metabolism and plays a role in regulating blood sugar levels. Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients in this juice:
- Carrots are the richest plant source of vitamin A, and a good source of potassium.
- Apples contain antioxidants that help protect “good” cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Ginger root reduces nausea, pain and inflammation, and provides heartburn relief. It also aids digestion and may help to boost the body’s thermogenesis and metabolism.
- 6 carrots
- 4 apples
- 2 in (2.5 cm) piece of ginger
- Wash all produce well.
- Add all ingredients through juicer and enjoy!
Servings: Makes 2 servings of 16-20 oz (500-600 ml)
- Nutrition per serving:
- Sodium11 g
- Carbohydrates41 g
- Fiber1 g
- Sugars35 g
- Protein 1 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.