You won’t miss the meat on these delicious vegetable skewers that grill up in just a few minutes!
- 2 green peppers
- 2 zucchini (Australian courgette)
- 3 onions
- 1/2 cup olive oil (organic extra virgin)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme or 1/4 cup fresh, chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried coriander (US cilantro) or 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (Australian coriander), chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried chives or 1/2 cup fresh, chopped
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp oregano
Chop garlic and leave on cutting board to air.
Cut ends off zucchini (Australian courgette) then cut in half lengthwise. Cut into thick, half moon shaped pieces.
Cut ends off onions. Peel. Cut into fourths. Then cut each section into 2-3 big pieces.
Cut green pepper and remove seeds and top. Chop into big pieces.
Add marinade ingredients to a blender and set to low speed.
Pour into a big bowl.
Add chopped veggies and coat them in the marinade.
Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes – 2 hours while wooden skewers soak in water to prevent burning.
Remove veggies from fridge and skewer, making patterns of alternating ingredients.
Refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
Grill for 5-6 minutes per side, as if there are four sides to each skewer.
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.