This is a creamy red velvet chocolate smoothie — perfect for you to make for your honey on Valentine’s Day (or for yourself of course). It’s also perfect for those days when all you want is chocolate but also want to consume wholesome goodness! Beets are an excellent tonic for the liver and provide iron, magnesium, folate, potassium and nitrates. Nitrates are excellent for muscle energy and have been shown to improve muscle strength and endurance while exercising.
- 1/4 – 1/2 beet (beetroot)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coconut milk or nut milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) water or coconut water
- 1 handful of ice
- 2 tsp of maple syrup or pure honey
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Peel the beetroot – (optional – I do this for smoothies only) & scoop out the avocado flesh.
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend on high for 45 – 60 seconds until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Beets – carrot, raspberries, strawberries, pomegranate
- Avocado – banana
- Chia seeds – Flaxseeds
- Coconut milk – rice, nut, hemp or quinoa milk
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat25 g
- Saturated Fat9 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium90 mg
- Carbohydrates35 g
- Fiber14 g
- Sugars15 g
- Protein 7 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.