- 4 large carrots, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1 avocado
- 1 small handful pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup broccoli sprouts
- 1 head of escarole (or other salad green, like romaine or spinach)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
1.Preheat oven to 375. Cut carrots lengthwise and place in a mixing bowl. Add 1/2 – 1 tbsp olive oil, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and toss until carrots are evenly coated.
2.Spread carrots out on a roasting pan and roast in oven for 25-30 minutes until browned. Give carrots a stir halfway through.
3. While carrots cook, wash greens, slice avocado thinly, toast pumpkin seeds (if you like, I kept mine raw).
4. Prepare simple lemon dressing by mixing lemon juice with 1 Tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Remove carrots from oven, assemble salad and dress.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat5g
- Protein 9g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.