Harvest season is in full swing! And as such, I have found myself with more Acorn Squashes than I know what to do with, thanks to my farmshare / CSA. Good thing these squashes are delicious and versatile. Since I recently finished a Reboot, a blended soup sounded like a great idea. Nourishing, easy on the system, delicious and hearty.
- 1-2 acorn squashes
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 qt vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cumin
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado
- Preheat oven to 375. Cut squashes in half and scoop out seeds. Place squashes cut side up on a cooking tray and roast until soft and a little browned (about 25 minutes). Once cooked, scoop out squash and discard the skins.
- Meanwhile, chop onion and garlic. Cook with olive oil over medium-high heat until soft. Add cumin, tomatoes, black beans, squash, salt and pepper and stir.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Blend using a handheld blender or traditional blender.
- Garnish with avocado slices and serve.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1.5g
- Protein 15g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.