The decision to Reboot is always a very personal one, but holidays can be one of the most challenging times of the year. Some people choose to wait until the new year, but others feel inspired to challenge themselves during the season of gluttony and know the only way to stay healthy through the season is to start a Reboot. Whatever you decide is purely up to you, just don’t wait too long to start enjoying a healthier, happier you.
Reminder: A Reboot is a period of time where you commit to drinking and eating only fruits and vegetables, herbal teas and water in order to regain or sustain your vitality, lose weight and kick-start healthy habits that recharge your body and get your diet back in alignment for optimal wellness.
Here are a few pros and cons to consider before you decide to start a Reboot:
Holiday Reboot Pros:
- Reset your system to crave healthy foods instead of too many snacks and sweets
- Jumpstart weight loss (you can put new clothes on your wish list!)
- Manage healthy weight through the holiday
- Avoid binge eating at holiday cocktail parties and dinners
- Boost your immune system (no holiday sniffles!)
- Increase your energy levels (stay up all night wrapping presents if you need to!)
- You’ll be ahead of the game and will start 2014 healthy, not hungover!
- You may learn more about yourself – realizing you have more determination and motivation than you thought
Holiday Reboot Cons:
- Hard to resist your favorite comfort foods
- Feeling alone at work and community gatherings
- Worried you might get cold by only drinking juice which may in fact bring on a cold
- Too busy or overwhelmed to start something new this time of the year when you are your busiest
- Fear of failure during a stressful time of year
- Your family and friends may not support your new plan during this time
- Traveling might hinder your plan if you are not able to make your own juices or are not near a juice bar