A few weeks ago I went to a friend’s party and one of the desserts served was peanut butter fudge. I kept eyeing it up because as I’ve said before, I have an affinity for anything nut butter related, but I surprisingly avoided it . I kept reminding myself how much sugar goes into making that kind of fudge, but I also kept thinking about how I could make my own version when I got home.
So I was inspired by the Detoxinista to make Almond-Cashew Butter Fudge.
- 1/2 cup (60 g) creamy almond butter (unsalted)
- 1/2 cup (60 g) cashew butter (or use 1 cup almond butter)
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey or pure maple syrup (I also imagein you can use a few drops of stevia if you want sugar free)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
*For a sugar-free option, just use a few drops of liquid stevia instead.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, until smooth and creamy.
- Add the mixture to a square baking dish lined with plastic wrap, then smooth with a spoon or your hands.
- Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer once fudge is hardened, cut into 3/4 – 1″ squares.
- Sprinkle a little extra Himalayan salt on top, serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2.5g
- Protein 2g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.