Halloween doesn’t always have to be about candy bars and candy corn. This ‘chocolate mousse’ dish is a healthy treat for your kids, and for the whole family to enjoy!
The avocado gives this dish its lovely creamy texture. The kids will love this one and will have no idea that they are eating mostly avocado which is full of natural polyunsaturated fats and nutrients such as potassium, magnesium, vitamin E, iron and zinc.
Use a high quality raw cocoa powder for a super anti-oxidant hit. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do and my little girl LOVES it as her special treat having no idea it’s all just goodness!
- 2 avocados
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Halloween decorations: Blueberries, oranges, pecans, goji berries, raspberries
- Cinnamon to taste if desired.
- You can mix berries through this for a berry chocolate mousse.
- You could also add shredded coconut for a very coconut cocoa treat.
- If you want to further reduce the sugar content you can use stevia.
- Mix all the ingredients in a high speed blender, mixer or by hand.
- Spoon into small dishes then cool in fridge for one hour or more.
- Decorate with fruit and nuts if desired to make silly Halloween faces.
- Agave syrup – honey, maple syrup, stevia
- Vanilla – coconut extract
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1.5g
- Protein 2g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.