Nope, this martini doesn’t have alcohol in it (although feel free to add some rum or vodka if you’re celebrating the weekend), but it’s so good that it might have you dancing on tables.
We were inspired to make this in the Reboot Kitchen this week, thanks to one of our Camp Rebooters. He recently shared with us that he’s getting a little tired of the same juices, so he decided to make himself a little treat. And this is where the Key Lime Pie comes in. We knew by the sounds of it, it was going to be a winner so we made it immediately.
Health benefits? It sure does. The homemade almond milk is super high in antioxidants like vitamin E, it’s heart healthy in that it contains no saturated fats or cholesterol, it is known to have more vitamins and minerals than other milks (dairy, rice, soy), and it’s low in calories! And the hemp seeds that make up the “graham cracker crust” rim will have you filled up on healthy protein.
- 1 cup (250 ml) homemade almond milk (or store bought if you choose to not make your own)
- 1/2 lime, peeled
- 1 date (or 1 tsp pure maple syrup or stevia to taste)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Use your Breville Fountain Crush to make your homemade almond milk.
- Peel and juice your lime; either squeeze it in or juice it.
- Add almond milk, lime juice and date (or other sweetener) into blender and blend until smooth, about 45 – 60 seconds.
- Sprinkle your hemp seeds on a plate.
- Coat the rim of a martini glass with the peel of the lime (there is probably still some juice on there!), then dip the rim into the hemp seeds. Like this…
- Pour the almond milk mixture in the glass and garnish with a slice of lime.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0g
- Protein 5g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.