These are super easy to make, they can be eaten as a raw ball or as a cookie, these are great for kids (oh and adults too) as they are sweetened naturally with dried fruit which is high in calcium and iron. After they are cooled well they become chewy! ENJOY!
- 1 cup (200 g) of macadamias
- 5 fresh dates
- 5 dried figs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of coconut flour
- Pinch of Himalayan or sea salt
- If you want to make these into cookies verses leaving them in raw balls, preheat oven to 180 C/350 F.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until the ingredients are all ground and well combined.
- Take a teaspoon size amount and roll into a ball. These can be eaten as raw balls so skip step 4.
- To make these into cookies flatten the balls out on a line baking tray and bake for 10-12 mins. Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Macadamais – any nut or for a nut free option use sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
- Dates and figs – any dried fruit
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1.5g
- Protein 1g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.