Healthy eating doesn’t mean you have to skip dessert. Fulfill your sweet tooth this holiday season without overindulging and opt for a sweet option like this healthy, no-bake Pear Napoleon.
For the Toppings:
- 12 smyrna figs, cut into dice size pieces
- 1/2 cup (4 oz/125 ml)water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
For the Crumble:
- 1 cup (125 g) chopped pistachios
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch of sea salt
For the layers:
- 3 firm but ripe anjou or bosc pears, remove skin, core and slice into 1/8 -1/4″ slices (stem length)-use mandolin if you want them equally perfect
- Muddle the toppings (figs, water, maple syrup and lemon juice).
- Place a large piece of pear on the bottom and layer with muddled figs then add pistachio crumble and stack like a Napoleon.
- One pear makes 2 servings from each pear. Ending with the small part of the pear as the last pear layer.
- Bon appetit…and get ready for a taste sensation!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0g
- Protein 1.5g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.