So this weekend I was thinking of doing another Reboot. I would like to shed a couple of stubborn pounds, increase my veggie consumption, but also reboot my system to crave less sugar again. It’s easy to slip into old habits. And this is a good way for me to start fresh again. I asked if anyone on my blog’s Facebook page was interested in joining me and we have almost 200 hundred! To get us all excited, I’m sharing one of my new favorite juice recipes. It is featured in my e-cookbook.
Introducing the Spicy Carrot Juice. I love this juice because it is so veggie-laden, but still delicious. It’s perfect for a lunch or dinner during a Reboot!
- 4 carrots
- 1/4 head of cauliflower
- 1 golden beet (beetroot), peeled
- 1 apple
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece of ginger root
- Blanch the cauliflower by submerging it in boiling water on the stove top for one minute. (This kills any bacteria or small bugs that might be lurking in the dense cauliflower).
- Cut all items into pieces that will fit through your juicer chute.
- Start by juicing the carrots and beets then juice remaining ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy! (For the full post, visit Nosh & Nourish.)
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.