It doesn’t get any easier than this! No more excuses for not consuming fresh fruits and veggies. Even for those new palates not used to eating these healthy foods, this smoothie is very light, refreshing and satisfying.
Here are a few health benefits and reminders of what spinach has to offer:
- A bowl of spinach everyday increases muscle efficiency after just three days, therefore it improves your muscle stamina.
- Regular spinach consumption cuts colon tumor formation by 50%.
- Vitamin K content in spinach helps reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
For more, check out these 8 reasons to love spinach!
- 3 handfuls of spinach (about 100g)
- 1/4 honeydew, rind removed (about 200g)
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut water
- 1 handful of ice
- Remove the honeydew seeds and skin.
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend & pour on ice and enjoy!
- Spinach – kale (Tuscan cabbage), dandelion leaves, lettuce, watercress
- Honeydew – rockmelon (cantaloupe), pineapple, apple
- Coconut water – almond milk or water
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat0 g
- Saturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium400 mg
- Carbohydrates35 g
- Fiber9 g
- Sugars22 g
- Protein 3 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.