As a registered dietician, I’m often asked what my favorite food is, and truthfully (this might sound cliche) but it’s salads! They are so versatile, filling, balanced and fresh, especially as we enter warmer weather here in New York. Since I eat salads over and over again, I do my best to keep them anything but boring. So to mix it up, I used my spiralizer (a sharp knife is fine if you don’t have a spiralizer) to slice the cucumber, ribbon-style, for the salad and added simple cherry tomatoes as a compliment. This salad is refreshing and light so feel free to add more vegetables and/or a protein to make this a complete meal.
- 1 cucumber, spiralized (or use a knife to cut thin ribbons if you don’t have a spiralizer)
- 1 cup (150 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and prepare salad ingredients as suggested. Then place salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for dressing.
- Pour dressing over cucumber and tomato salad.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2g
- Protein 3g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.