Salads are so versatile, filling, balanced and fresh, especially as we enter a warmer season. Since I eat salads often, I do my best to keep them anything but boring. One of the ways I like to mix it up is to use my spiralizer (a sharp knife is fine if you don’t have a spiralizer) to slice the cucumber, ribbon-style, for the salad and add simple cherry tomatoes as a compliment. This salad is refreshing and light so feel free to add more vegetables and/or a protein to make this a complete meal.
- 1 cucumber, spiralized (or use a knife to cut thin ribbons if you don’t have a spiralizer)
- 1 cup (150 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and prepare salad ingredients as suggested. Then place salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for dressing.
- Pour dressing over cucumber and tomato salad.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2g
- Protein 3g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.