- 1 Acorn or Butternut Squash (Australia baby pumpkin)
- 2 Apples – peeled and sliced
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 2 Carrots washed, peeled and diced
- 1 tbso Olive Oil
- Ground Black Pepper
- 2 quarts (950 ml) organic Vegetable Broth (or make your own)
- Roast squash (cut in half, remove seeds) place flesh side down in baking dish with 1-2 cups water.
- Cook at 450 for 40-50 minutes until flesh is bright orange and soft.
- Sauté onion and carrot in olive oil for 5 minutes until onion is clear.
- Add broth and apple, simmer 10 minutes until apple is soft.
- Add squash (remove from skin).
- Puree in blender or use hand blender.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.