Need a quick lunch on the go? Smoothies are an all time favorite packable meal because they’re portable, great to make ahead of time, and you can easily include nutritious ingredients. This recipe is a great meal replacement because it’s well balanced, containing protein, healthy fat, a veggie and a fruit; basically, it’s a meal in a glass. It’s also loaded with healthy nutrients, like detoxifying de-limonine in the peel of the lemon, vitamin C and antioxidants in the strawberries, lemon and romaine. Try this satisfying and delicious smoothie for lunch.
- 6 strawberries, tops removed
- ¼ banana
- ½ lemon (peel on!)
- 2 handfuls romaine lettuce
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil or 1/3 avocado
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 scoop plant based protein (sprouted rice, hemp or pea protein)
- 8-10 oz unsweetened hemp milk (or try almond or oat milk)
- Wash and prepare ingredients.
- Add ingredients to blender and blend on high for 45-60 seconds or until well mixed.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.