In honor of October being Breast Cancer Awareness month, don’t just think pink, drink pink! This popular American dessert is the perfect starting point to spin-off a healthy, plant-based, antioxidant-rich smoothie. Forget the white cake, whipped cream and loads of sugar, fat and calories and welcome a creamy, delicious, fiber-rich, protein-packed nutrient-dense breakfast or afternoon snack.
- Strawberries are loaded with antioxidants.
- Vitamin C for supporting healthy skin and immunity
- Anthocyanin, the famous phenolic-based phytonutrient, also found in blueberries
- Lycopene, the reddish pigment-based carotenoid, connected to reducing risk for prostate cancer
- Ellagic-acid, linked to helping reduce cancer risk
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup rolled oats (GF)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey
- Garnish: cashews, oats
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend on high for 45 – 60 seconds until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass and garnish with cashews and oats for an extra crunch.
- Cashew butter – almond butter
- Oats – hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds
- Almond milk – cashew milk, hemp milk, other non-dairy milks, unsweetened
- Honey – dates, banana
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat3.5g
- Protein 10g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.