Deliciously sweet, vibrant in color and in season here in New England, persimmons are a wonderful compliment to juicing this winter! The bright orange hue of this juice let’s us know it’s loaded with immune boosting nutrients like beta-carotene, phenolic phytonutrients, vitamin C and metabolism supporting manganese. One study found persimmons may be more effective than apples at helping reduce heart disease in part due to their high soluble fiber content. While the skin which is extracted in juicing is high in fiber, soluble fiber persists into the juice.
- 2 persimmons
- 3 – 4 carrots
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece of ginger root
- Wash all ingredients well.
- Cut flesh of persimmons away from green top.
- Put all ingredients through juicer and enjoy!
- Persimmons – papaya, mango, orange
- Carrots – parsnips, butternut squash or pumpkin
- Ginger – lemon
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.