This delicious and super simple salad makes for a nice side dish for lunch, dinner or even when hosting a larger party (it’s easy to make a lot of it!). Avocado and tomato together are refreshing and delicious, and they make a great base for a meal when you’re hungry! It takes no time to make, it makes your plate pretty, and it fills you with plentiful health benefits. To enhance this dish, try adding fresh herbs like basil and parsley, and to make this more of an entrée try adding chickpeas, quinoa, eggs or any lean protein you desire.
- 1 avocado, cubed or sliced
- 2 large heirloom (or hothouse) tomatoes, sliced or cubed
- 1-2 tsp extra virgin olive oil for taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh or dried basil for garnish and flavor (optional)
- Wash and prepare tomato and avocado.
- Add avocado and tomato to bowls or plates for serving then drizzle olive oil and add salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat3g
- Protein 3g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.