Mango is out of season currently here in Australia but it’s in season in many areas in the world. I fortunately stocked up on mango from our summer and froze portions when my family couldn’t eat them fast enough (hard to believe I know)! Mangoes are one of my favourite fruits and I have been guilty of overindulging. Since I wanted to put these frozen mangoes to use, I decided to combine them with the powerful spice, turmeric. The amount of health benefits turmeric has blew me away, so this smoothie is super healthy.
Learn more about why I love turmeric.
- 1 cup (about 1) mango (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 banana
- 1.5 cups (375 ml) almond milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp white chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (or 1 tsp of fresh, finely grated)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp chilli (optional)
1. Wash fresh mango.
2. Add all the ingredients into the blender.
3. Blend on high for 45 – 60 seconds, until well smooth.
- Mango –Peach, Nectarine, Apricot
- Banana – Peach, Nectarine, Apricot
- Almond milk – Coconut milk, Hemp seed milk, Coconut water
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat4g
- Protein 4g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.