Enjoy this super creamy dairy-free smoothie made with a fun, new ingredient that we haven’t used in our smoothies before…tahini! You can also feel free to add extra ingredients to up the health ante such as protein powder, maca powder or any other fabulous superfoods. Sesame seeds are high in nutrients — just 3 tablespoons of sesame seeds provides protein (6g), healthy fats (12g), fiber (3g), B vitamins, calcium (265mg), magnesium (96mg), iron (3.9mg) and potassium(126mg). This smoothie is a take on a well-known dessert called halva, it is a wonderful dessert that is enjoyed al around the world. Halva is very decadent and high in sugar so why not enjoy a healthier version. Enjoy!
- 1 cup (250 ml) almond milk
- 1 frozen banana (or fresh)
- 3 tbsp tahini (or sesame seeds)
- 1 date
- 1 tsp white chia seeds
- pinch of cinnamon
- ½ tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 large handful of ice
- Wash all produce.
- Remove pit from date.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend on high for 45 – 60 seconds until smooth.
- Banana – avocado
- Sesame seeds – pumpkin seeds, cashews, sunflower seeds
- Date – 1 tsp honey, maple syrup, or a pinch of 100% stevia
- Chia seeds – flax seeds
- Almond milk – coconut milk, coconut water, hazelnut milk, rice milk, hemp milk
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat3.5g
- Protein 11g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.