Pineapple is sweet but it’s also packed with nutrients (here are 9 reasons to love pineapple). Pineapples help prevent colds and flus, reduce the discomfort of arthritis, support protein digestion, reduce unhealthy bacteria, enhance wound healing, bone health, digestive diseases, and contain anti-inflammatory agents. It offers a range of nutrients including vitamin C, bromelain, potassium, manganese, vitamin A and some B vitamins. It’s the perfect ingredient in this vegan pineapple whip to enjoy on its own or topped on your favorite dessert.
- 2 cups (280 g) frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 lime
- 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coconut cream or milk
- Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth or a little chunky if preferred.
- Serve immediately as a cold treat or top it on your favorite smart sweet.
Note: This works well with a little fresh mint if desired
- Pineapple – banana, apple, pears, kiwi
- Lemon – grapefruit
- Lime – lemon
- Honey – maple syrup, stevia
- Coconut cream – almond milk, cashew milk
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat3g
- Protein 1g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.