Auto-immune diseases occur when the body’s immune system attacks and destroys healthy body tissue by mistake. With an autoimmune disease your body cannot distinguish between healthy tissues and substances that are harm-causing in the body like viruses and parasites. One of the major contributors and side effects of autoimmune diseases is inflammation. Inflammation can be positively effected and exacerbated by the food we eat everyday.
Foods/Choices to Include:
- Fresh and unprocessed food that includes fruits and vegetables, nuts, seeds, and beans, unrefined oil, organic/non-GMO protein (plant and animal based)
- Antioxidant-rich & anti-inflammatory foods: Berries, beets, pineapple, garlic, ginger, dark leafy greens and cruciferous vegetables such as kale, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, and other richly spinach and kale, and herbs and spices including turmeric
- Superfoods: Maca, matcha, cacao powder
- Juice from fruits and vegetables
- Gluten free grains: Quinoa, brown rice, teff, buckwheat
- Omega-3 and anti-inflammatory fat containing foods: Walnuts, avocados and wild fish (salmon), unrefined and unprocessed oils (avocado, olive, walnut, macadamia)
Foods/Choices to Avoid:
- High fat conventional meats
- Processed sugar
- Gluten (Wheat, rye, barley)
- Corn (particularly non-GMO)
- Conventional eggs
- Processed foods
- Artificial ingredients: preservatives (benzoates, nitrates), food coloring, artificial sweeteners (Equal, Splenda, Sweet N Low, Aspartame, Xylitol)
More on Auto-Immune Issues
Get first hand accounts of real people who improved their health through juicing and eating more fruits and vegetables.
Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot.