Merry Christmas! No matter where you are in the world, enjoy a white Christmas by making these wonderful coconut bars. They are a favorite of mine at Christmas time without the refined sugar and other heavy unhealthy ingredients such as hydrogenated vegetables oils. This is simple and delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 cup (100 g) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (100 g) coconut butter
- 1 cup (150 g) cashews, soaked for 2 hours then rinsed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp rice malt or pure maple syrup
- 1 cup (130 g) pistachios
- 3/4 cup (90 g) dried cranberries (naturally sweetened)
- 1/2 cup (70 g) macadamia nuts
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut, for sprinkling
- Line a 10”x 6” (6 cm x 15 cm) small slice tin with baking paper.
- Blend the shredded coconut, coconut butter, cashews, salt and vanilla extract in a high powered blender to get a smooth consistency.
- In a bowl mix the coconut mixture with the remaining ingredients with a spoon until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the slice tin and sprinkle with extra shredded coconut.
- Allow to set in the fridge or freezer for 1 – 2 hours, remove and cut into squares and store in fridge or freezer.
Coconut butter – coconut oil
Cashews – macadamia, almonds
Rice Malt – maple syrup, honey
Pistachios – hazelnut, almond, pecan, walnut, pumpkin seeds
Cranberries – goji, cherries
Prep time: 40
Cook time: 1 - 2 hours (in fridge)
Total time: 2 hours, 40 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat4g
- Protein 2g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.